Payment is taken in full at the time of booking.
After booking you will receive an email confirmation which includes a required documents link to our Bike Rental agreement that all renters must read and sign before arrival.
Please bring the credit card used for payment and another matching piece of identification to pick up your rental.
For a child to rent a bike, a legal parent/guardian (aged 19+) must sign our Liability Waiver and be present to provide the credit card used for payment and show matching identification.
Wearing a helmet whilst biking is the law in BC and you can be fined for not wearing one. We provide complimentary helmets with all rentals and strongly advise they are worn when riding.
E-Bike renters must be at least 16 years old by law.
Bookings must be cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the start time to receive a full refund.
Bookings cancelled between 48 hours and 24 hours will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
Bookings cancelled within 24 hours will not be refunded.
To make any changes to your booking please call us at 778-770-0275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our very best to accommodate changes based on availability.
All bikes and equipment must be returned in the same condition that they were received and no later than the time indicated on your booking confirmation.
Returning after the allotted time or after our store closes inconveniences other guests and will incur additional charges. In the event you are running late please call and notify us so we can inform our other customers.
Late Return Charges
2 hour rentals returned late will be charged at the 4 hour non-discounted rental rate.
4 hour rentals returned late will be charged at the full non-discounted daily rate.
Daily rentals not returned the same day will be charged a further full non-discounted day rate.
The Damage Waiver covers any accidental damage incurred to the bike while riding. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU TAKE THE DAMAGE WAIVER. If you do not take the Damage Waiver, you will be liable for the cost of repair to bring the bike back to full functionality. The Damage Waiver does not cover loss, theft or damage incurred through negligence.
In collaboration with our local health department, Black Diamond Bikes maintains strict cleaning and sanitization policies for our store and rental equipment.
The health and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. These are the procedures we are implementing:
- All staff are screened daily, any staff with symptoms are asked to stay home and follow advice from HealthLink BC.
- Staff have been instructed to avoid shaking hands with guests and to maintain a safe distance whenever possible.
- Store layouts have been arranged and capacity will be monitored to ensure a safe distance is being maintained between staff and guests.
- Staff are required to wash/sanitize their hands before and after each interaction.
- Staff must wear a mask.
- Regular cleaning of high touch surfaces.
We are asking our customers to do the following:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- If you have pre-booked, please ensure you sign the waiver before you arrive. All walk-in guests will be asked to sign a waiver on a tablet after sanitizing your hands. We disinfect the tablet between use.
- Please wear a mask or suitable face covering.
- Please sanitize hands upon entry to our store.
- If anyone in your party is feeling unwell and experiencing Covid-19 symptoms we ask that you do not visit the store but instead call us at 778 770 0275 to discuss rescheduling options.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our COVID-19 operating procedures, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone or email.